CRN is seeking a Capacity Building Officer responsible for undertaking a range of activities that build capacity in the human services sector serving the community in Blacktown, The Hills and surrounding LGA’s.
This position is permanent (subject to ongoing funding), for three days, with opportunity to expand to five days in accordance with projects secured by CRN through alternative funding sources. This position may be responsible for supervising and delivering of smaller ad hoc projects, Activities focus on improving collaborative practices, partnership development and innovative projects that address the capacity deficit and viability issues experienced, particularly, by the smallest and most marginal or emerging organisations working in the area. Keeping up to date with policy and issues affecting the community and therefore the sector. Capacity building of organisations assists them in the work that they do in delivering services to socially disadvantaged or marginalised communities.
This position suits an out-going, self-starter who is motivated to work in a learning environment where their curiosity and creativity will be well rewarded with skill-development opportunities. Candidates must have excellent communications skills, a strong customer service focus, good understanding of databases, information management practices and superior administrative abilities.
Experience and knowledge in the NGO, human services system, community associations with an understanding of community development practices is essential.
Please click here to download full Position Description.
This position has a three phase recruitment process as follows:
1. Shortlist of applications to determine success to interview stage – recruitment panel
2. Recruitment panel interviews to shortlist final candidates
3. A recommendation made to the board of directors for appointment.
The panel will make the final recommendations, the appointment will be endorsed by the board to make an offer to the preferred candidate.
Applications are to include:
• An address the selection criteria – two to three paragraphs on each – indicating how they meet each of the Criteria; no more than three pages in total. Please use filename protocol of: CRN_[YourName]_Resume
• A full resume. Please use filename protocol of: CRN_[YourName]_Resume Please include the names, position and telephone contact numbers of two referees. One referee must preferably be a person who has recently been acting in a supervisory capacity.
• Cover letter is optional. Please use filename protocol of: CRN_[YourName]_Cover letter
Closing date for applications is COB on Friday 02 Nov 2018 Proposed Interviews: o5 – 08 Nov 2018
Applications are to be sent to: email@example.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via the normal CRN email network to maintain confidentiality and integrity of process.
For further information, contact Kittu Randhawa (C/EO) at 9832 4762